Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pavia

Pavia is a little city that, believe it or not, is only a 25 minute train ride from Milan. I absolutely loved it. It's amazing how far you feel away from the city though it is right there. I didn't realize how much I had missed seeing all the green fields and I think all the fresh air was exactly what I needed to kick this cough. I met my friend, Elena, there early afternoon and we had a wonderful day together! She lives and grew up there so I had an excellent tour guide! 

This is the agriturismo where we stopped for a light lunch. 
Where they grew the veggies I ate. 
More of the farm. 


This is the entrance to the restaurant on the farm. 
Elena's house! 
The city is very medieval. They have these towers all over the city. So hard to believe how old they are.  
The city has many small universities. Most were built around the 12-1300's. These courtyards are beautiful and I greatly enjoyed hearing just random quartets playing music outside while people were reading and studying. 





Snazzy, huh? Think I should bring one back to the States? 
This is an ex chiesa (former Church) built in the early 1200's. Someone now lives in it. 

Doors like this all over the city. 
Old, old pharmacy. 

Man over 65 in red pants. At least they aren't tight and he isn't carrying a purse. 
Bread art. 


This Church is made out of sand. Insanely old. The drawings are hieroglyphic-looking designs. 






Another GORGEOUS Church. 


Bars on the door. That'll keep 'em out. 
Me and Elena. 

Stefano and Joy joined us for dinner! 


1 comment:

Amy Jones said...

That's it. When can I come visit!?