Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Recipe!

Bruschetta con Pomodori is my new favorite thing to make. It is so easy but amazingly delicious.

I used the pane integrale (whole wheat bread) from the bakery downstairs. I sliced it and rubbed garlic on the top. I drizzled some oil on top and toasted it in the oven. When it was finished, I added salt, diced fresh tomatoes, and basil (from the plant that I have managed to kill and resurrect 3 times so far).


I ended up making a meal out of this and added some delicious pecorino cheese (I like the picanto better than the dolce) from a really neat, traditional cheese and pasta store I found down my street. 

1 comment:

Jared Motley said...

LOVE THIS too!! I actually had it a new way I hadn't tried yet at our agriturismo this week and I loved it too! You just toss the pomodori in a little olio and aceto di vino bianco with the basil and it is lovely too! I had never thought to do that (can't figure out why, but happy now that it's been revealed) :-)

Rebekah