Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ancora...sigh.

Mauro called me and I missed his call.


I sent him a message saying "c'e' sta faci?" which is a phrase in puglese dialect that he taught me. (He's from Puglia) In italian, the phrase is "che stai faccendo?" and it means "what are you doing?"


so I sent it and was waiting for a reply


Then I got an sms from MARIO that said, "ciao, amber. sono a casa di jason (I'm at Jason's house) che guardo la partita e tu come stai? (watching the soccer game but how are you?) E te che fai? (and what are you doing?)


I had sent it to the wrong person.


I had ONCE AGAIN completely mixed up Mario's name! 


So I called him laughing and told him what happened. I then taught him the english word for "dork." 


Because, as my brother later told me, teaching him an english word was probably the only graceful way to pull that off!