Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wooo Hoooo!!

I got the document from Dudley, printed it off really quickly at the hotel, and dashed back to the consulate. When I got there, they were only open for another hour and there were 3 people in front of me who had been waiting for a while. The lady looked at me through the glass, pointed, and said quite harshly, "What are you doing back here?" I told her I had the document she wanted and she called me to the front of the line. She was shaking her head and pursing her lips like she had already decided she wouldn't accept it. I gave it to her and she read it....and read it...and read it...then took it to the back....then came back and read it again. Finally, she asked for the rest of my paperwork and I gladly gave it to her. She scrutinized every letter of every word of every line for what felt like an eternity! It was then that I noticed she was dripping with relics and catholic jewelry on her arms, neck, fingers and nose!  She eventually signed everything and then told me to leave now. I smiled and thanked her profusely and waltzed out of the consulate! 

Thanks for your prayers! Minor freak-out there! I would have HATED to be stuck here until friday or have to come back later. (which would have delayed my departure date!) God is good and....unless something unexpected happens when they mail my papers back with the visa....looks like I am Milano bound!!

2 comments:

Jen Grady said...

Hey girl, I am so glad it all worked out. And selfishly I am glad you will be back for Sunday! :) I found some photos online I would like to try to copy but I am up for any other ideas you have. Do you want to meet and drive to the location together. Also, do you have any indoor options in case it is too cold? Here is the link to the photos I found. http://picasaweb.google.com/jenniferleighgrady/SamplePhotos1?authkey=DL_MXN6IztM#

Betharoo said...

"Whew!"