Thursday, January 8, 2009

"I'm Off" Stage 1

Yesterday I threw my entire worldly possessions into 4 suitcases (44...ish lbs each) into my car and said a "goodbye for now" to my family. I stayed at my best friend, Bekah's house last night in hopes that I would get my visa papers in the mail today and take the last flight out to the consulate in Philadelphia. Spending the night was great, but my visa papers did not come today! In fact, no mail came today...weirdest thing!! So, my plan is to stay with Bekah again tonight and then go ahead and leave for SC tomorrow afternoon. I first need to get an oil change in my car and get the outside door handle replaced. (to make things more frustrating, I was opening my door one afternoon and the plastic piece that you hold popped right off. To the point where I was just going to try superglue until my brother stopped me!) So, 100 dollars later, I not have a new doorhandle that needs to be installed. Thankfully, my brother and a man in our Church can do it so that saves me 200.00 in labor)

Up next: two weeks in SC with my grandparents. Then, I'll be back in Wake Forest just to have a "Last Supper" with my old Rommie and Roomie-in-Law and babysit for the Schemms while they get away for a couple days. (oh yes, all 7 kiddos...I'm so excited! There is never a dull moment over there and I left an extra 20 lbs in one of my suitcases to stick Anderson in before I leave!) Then, off to training on the 27th of January for two months. Afterwards, I am Milan bound!

Thank you to much to all of you who are praying for me. This has been one whirlwind of an adventure already. There are many frustrations, nerves, difficult situations, and emotions that have been culminating and now seems to be hitting me all at once! Please pray that I will completely rely on the Lord and draw from HIS perfect peace and strength. He has been so faithful through the last few months of trying times and I know he is my fortress and ever-present help in time of need.

1 comment:

Maƫl said...

Don't forget to stop by our house ... you said you would!