Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Off: Stage 2

Just so you know, my family has asked me to post my schedule play-by-play so they can keep up with me during these next few months of craziness. So please bear with me! 

I managed to make it through the senior citizen life with great ease. I enjoyed every minute of it and was literally crying my eyes out when I had to say goodbye. I loved being able to spend an extended amount of time with my grandparents: listening to family genealogy stories, asking them tons of questions about "the good old days" to satisfy the curiosity of this history buff, singing wonderful hymns, talking lots of walks around the property, discussing the book of Isaiah, learning new southern vocabulary I had never learned for some reason (like "she peeled off") and laughing oh so much! My grandparents and Uncle Ron's family prayed for me before I left and I probably used up half a box of tissues. 

Because of the 2-4 inches of predicted snow and ice threatening to reak havoc on this over-zealous southern state, I decided I probably should drive back up to Raleigh a night early to catch my flight to Philadelphia the next day instead of risking it by driving from Columbia to Raleigh just in time to get on the airplane. So, I am back home now and will leave to get a self-addressed, stamped, priority envelope from the post office and the money for my visa from the bank tomorrow. Then, onto the airplane that will take me to my visa and a philly cheesesteak. 

Please pray that I am able to make my flights. The consulate is only open MWF from 9-12. So, if I don't make it for some reason, I have to wait until friday before I can go again... Also, please pray I don't get stuck up there! I think the high is supposed to be less than 18 degrees so hopefully there won't be any rain to ice everything down. As much as I love to snow ski, this Carolina Girl would rather be in 130 degree weather in Egypt that 18 degree weather in Philadelphia. 

No comments: