Monday, January 12, 2009

Life at the Grandparents!

Key theme: DOWN TIME!!! 
This was the schedule for today:

-Wake up around 8:30 thinking of all those years I had 8:00 classes. 
-Lots of time in the Word without noise or interruptions! 
-Couple hours of Rosetta Stone.
-Jog around my Grandparent's property with Marly, the family dog. (until she abruptly stops in front of me to smell something and I run straight into her. Probably to get me back for speaking italian to her because I have no one else to practice with!) 
-Lunch (made some yummy pasta with olives and capers)
-2 or 3 more hours of Rosetta Stone. 
-Brain dies.
-Hang out at my grandparent's office and meet lots of people who are distantly related to me or those who still remember me though I have not seen them since I was 5. First question: so, are you married? Why can't people get off that question! Thank goodness for the "journey-nun" card I can play. 
-Yummy southern cookin' for dinner. Eating half of a banana with my Grandaddy. Hearing the lecture about how a banana will heal itself if it is cut in half. 
-My Uncle Ron, Aunt Stacy, and cousin, Ryan, came over from next door. (they now live on the house on my grandparent's property that was originally built for my great grandmother) My Uncle usually comes to talk to me for one of two reasons: 1) to try to indoctrinate me in covenantal theology, or 2) to try to convince me that Ryan's 17 year old friends from RUF are marriage potential. 
-Spend the evening watching old movies I used to watch when I was little. 

I am loving all the time I am able to spend with my family! It is so nice to be away from Wake Forest so I can actually relax while still being in a very familiar place with people I love. I am definitely a Grandaddy's girl and LOVE being with him! I am so much like my grandmother it scares me! Tonight, we discovered that we are both double jointed exactly the same way in our right ring fingers. Freaky. 

1 comment:

Derek and Amanda said...

"journey-nun" thats a new one!! lol!! You crack me up!! I am so glad that you are having a relaxing time there with your family!! Love you!!