Saturday, October 11, 2008

Autumn Arts Festival

Wake Forest is such a neat place to live. The town celebrates each new season with art festivals and concerts. When my mom mentioned the autumn art festival was today, I grabbed my camera and raced out the door. I was not going to miss my last Autumn Art Festival.

First, I mane a bee-line to the Nigerian lady's stand. I've gotten to know her a little over the years. She came over as a student leaving her widowed mother behind. She brought some of her mother's handicrafts over and they sold very quickly. Now, her mother mails everything she makes for her daughter to sell. I've got a couple necklaces from her and I love them!


Lots and lots of neat jewelry... Blown glass is really popular here.

I thought this was really neat. Couldn't tell if it creeped me out or inspired me more.
Wake Forest Coffee Company. I've spent many a late night sucking down some caffeine and studying for tests here.
Grasshopper on mums - Fall is here!
I loved face painting when I was a kid.
Steve Bender is a local flower farmer who sells gorgeous flowers every saturday at the farmer's market. I am a loyal customer! I love getting huge bouquets of flowers for 5 bucks! He is a really sweet man and is always very creative. In the winter time, he sells dried flowers. How cool is that?? He says he has a whole barn filled with them hanging from the ceiling. They are really beautiful.


This lady sells the best soaps ever. I love her mermaid one the best. She's really fun to talk to too!
I heart pottery.
I really, really heart pottery.

Local artists are the best. I thought this picture was really pretty.
The one thing about Wake Forest I just don't get is the fascination with making freaky looking animals out of scrap metal. I really just don't get it.

This is an artist who sells her work in the Cotton Company. I really like everything she does. This isn't the greatest picture but she always uses really great colors and there is something really appealing about her work.

1 comment:

Megan Penner said...

OH, I wish we hadn't missed this! I heart pottery, too! Very much! And I love the Blessed Be soaps. Mine is almost gone. I have to get more! It's ab fab!