Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Night in Tornino

I attended an event tonight with I Ragazzi di Martedi Sera, the group that meets at Jason's house on tuesday night. It was a concert by Hillsong London hosted by Atleti di Cristo as an outreach. I had 6 hours of language school that lasted until I had to leave for Jason's house. I was unable to pick up my camera and was therefore "off-duty" for the night. 

Tonight was the first time I was able to sing praise and worship songs in english since I have been here. I absolutely love singing worship songs in Italian and I do feel like I am truly able to worship. However, english is my mother-tongue and "heart language." It is always going to be the language in which my heart feels and expresses. (and some days is the only language my tongue speaks!) 

The event was a success with 1,500 of people in attendance. Nicola always draws a large crowd and I think having Hillsong there brought believers from all over. Tomas Guzman, who is from Paraguay, is the current president of the group and Nicola, from Italia, is the vice president. They both shared their testimonies and did an amazing job. Though Bekah and Mael will be the only ones to truly appreciate this, I thought you might like to hear how beautiful it sounds to hear and Italian sharing their testimony. 

Tomas was PREACHING it! He pulled out the scripture and made an extremely clear gospel presentation. My Grandfather would be so proud! 




This is part of Nicola's testimony. He did a very good job as well. The MC is a guy named Gianni, who is a sports commentator and also comes to Jason's on tuesday nights. Again, just an example: 


1 comment:

Maƫl said...

It was truly beautiful to hear Italians share their testimony. Thanks for sharing.