Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Whoops...

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, I have had my first language goof. I have heard so many stories of people saying extremely embarrassing things while learning a new language. I knew my doom was coming, though I am surprised it did not come sooner. (at least to my knowledge!) 

What I meant to say was "thanks for the language exchange." 

BUT

I definitely thanked Giovanni for exchanging tongues with me. 

Probably not something you want to say to an Italian guy. 

Unfortunately, this is just the beginning...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Megan

Maël said...

Let me guess:

"grazie per l'intercambio linguistico" vs. "grazie per l'intercabio di linga"

Oh well ... like you said ... this is just the beginning.

Amber Bowen said...

Yep, except I said "scambio" instead of intercambio.