Friday, May 1, 2009

Last Day in Roma!

I went to Rome for 1 week for Intercambio training. During the week, we had meetings and I followed Taylor and Heidi around to the class where they assist the professor, language exchange groups, etc. We also managed to tour around and I got to meet many of their friends. 

On our last day together, we tried to cram everything I had yet to see into one day. Of course, it was also the last chance to pull Big Bertha out and get some shots of them too. Heidi wanted to learn how to use the camera also so she got a few pics of me as well. 


Why, hello, Tall Brown One!




Chariot races were here. 
She's not this cute in person. 
Told you. :)
The Orange Grove. 

You can see all of Rome from this spot. It was beautiful. 

Francesco (aka: "coco") joined us at the Orange Grove to be our tour guide. When I first met him, I said he looked either like a gladiator or some Roman statue. This is me posing him to prove it.



If you look through this keyhole, you can see St. Peter's Basilica. 
This is the view from the inside. 
What did the one with the strange face just say? 
Yea, her. 

Recognize this? Think Audrey Hepburn. 



Had to wear gladiator sandals in Rome. 

In this video, Coco says, "now I see why she prefers Milan to Rome. You didn't bring her to the best places!"



Portico D'Ottavia


I was described by the group as the "pale-skinned one with short hair."

Taylor calls this the "fake colosseum. 

Bridge to Trastevere.


You can hear the beautiful music played on the street. 






Though they may deny it, it is clear the Romans wish they were AC Milan fans. 

Though the language comes a little slower, hand gestures were the first thing we all picked up on I think.

This is my Rome Souvenir. It is a compass made into a necklace from a really cute store in Trastevere. I wear it every day. 




Cute street in Rome. 

Ciao Francesco! 

And I ended the day by stopping in a Korean grocery store! I tried to communicate with the lady using my all-too-familiar "Konglish" that I picked up while working at Black Belt World. (a mix of english with some korean in the korean grammar structure.) The lady clearly was not understanding me and Taylor says, "Um, I think Italian would be the common language here, Amber." Completely freaked me out to speak to this Korean lady using a mix of Italian and Korean (and lots of hand gestures and "um's.") All that matters is I came away with Kimchi and Gochujhang. 



Back to Milano!!




2 comments:

Nicole McCurdy said...

It looks like you are having to much fun. You better get studying and working a little harder or they might send you back to us.

Enjoy every minute!! We really enjoy seeing what the Father is blessing you with each day. He is so good!!

Derek and Amanda said...

It looks like you guys had sooo much fun!! :) Miss you!! :)