Sunday, May 10, 2009

Milan vs. Juventus


Tonight was the big Milan vs. Juventus game. It was a little bit of a conflict of interests for us since Nicola plays for Juventus, but I was christened as an AC Milan fan. For this game, it was impossible to get a ticket only 1 month in advance. I will get a season pass next year for my photographic pleasure, but I had to sit this game out. I decided to pass the time by going to the Greenwiches house to borrow Allyson's bike. I wanted to try it out and see if I can handle the Milanese roads on a bike. You aren't allowed to ride it on the sidewalks so you just have to "pretend you are a car" and pray. 
ANYWAY, in order to get to Jason and Allyson's, I have to go toward San Siro, which I knew would be crazy. I literally ran 1/2 mile to catch the last tram toward San Siro before they were shut down. (whew!) The trams were stopped at the Piazza before the Stadium and they had a bus taking everyone there. I just followed the crowd, which wasn't as bad as I though it would be. (Probably because it was just a few minutes before the game started so most of the people were already there.)  
Here are some videos of the night:

FYI: I am pretty sure that is the alps you see in the background. When it is clear outside you can see them really well. Today wasn't that clear but I think that is them. 






Michael's horrible rendition of the Milan song. You will appreciate this, Mael!




Cute :)







No comments: