Monday, April 13, 2009

A Walk Down Fashion Way

It is so crazy to think that 15 minutes from my apartment is where tourists from all over the world travel to come see. Raleigh is great, but I wouldn't say people are necessarily desperate to go there! This is Monte Napoleone, which is the main fashion district. We chose to roam the streets the monday after Easter, which is still considered a holiday here. (Pasquetta: il lunedi dopo la pasqua...as I learned) So, there were very few stores open (except for a few stores that cater to the tourists) and I saw virtually NO italians. Jamie and I got gelato. Mi piace pistachio e fiori del latte. It was a beautiful day and we could have been in heaven walking down beautiful streets with the warm sun, cool breeze, and the creamy-goodness of gelato in hand. 



This would be slightly pricey.


Jamie and I had such a blast! She is the nanny for Jobey and Kristen and is actually from Raleigh! I met her when I came to visit in November. It is so neat to know where each other has come from and also be able to share in experiencing Milano together. To my dismay, she is leaving in one month.

I did like this a lot. 

They are still tourists but I have a feeling they are from not too far from here. 

Yep, they're here. Soccer and fashion: a custom made city for the Beckhams. I'm sure Armani was delighted. This was as good as I could do for an edited photo. 

Back to Pagano, which is the metro stop right off my street. I love the purple flowers!

And, my street! My apartment is on the left after the black building. 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I couldn't help but notice the man in the hot pink shirt walking by in your video. That's not something I'm used to! Also, I LOVE those purple wisteria-looking flowers on the building! Beautiful! I'm so glad you could spend time with Jamie. God is taking good care of you!!

Derek and Amanda said...

That is awesome!! I really hope I can walk down those streets with you one day!! :) Love you!!

Krista said...

Wow! Look where you live!! (Compare this to Alex haha.) I loved catching up on your blog. I especially liked reading about your visit to the chiropractor - I want to go too :). Glad you are well and loving Italy. Can't wait to see you! Love, K