Sunday, April 5, 2009

5 Countries in 4 Hours


Oh yes, we did a 5 country marathon in 4 hours today! We drove through Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, and landed in Fussen, Germany. The fun part of the trip was seeing all the amazing scenery that made me absolutely dumbfounded! 

I have decided I adore the northern part of Italy and Switzerland. Lake Como was passed by with longing eyes and a promise to return. It only took us 20 minutes to get there from Milan. Lugano was heaven! I did not know such places really existed! I definitely want to go back. Switzerland could not have been any more gorgeous and looked like something out of Lord of the Rings. 

The sad part of the trip was the 8 throw-ups in 4 hours from the back seat. It was so sad to see them absolutely miserable. We had to stop about every 30 minutes to clean up someone else and very quickly ran out of clothes and towels. We pulled through it and the kids were such troopers. 

When we finally arrived in Germany, we pulled into the most adorable Mom  & Pop hotel in a little town called Fussen. The hotel is a traditional German house backed up to a beautiful lake with swans and a community park for the kids. It seriously looks like a little piece of heaven here. You can smell the cows and the fresh air is so nice after being in a city like Milan...even if it has only been less than 2 weeks! 

Allyson, who was very tired from having only a few hours of sleep each night this week, stayed at the hotel with Julia and Joshee to recover after the car ride. Jake, Jason and I took off for Neuschwanstein Castle, which inspired the Disney castle. We had a great time walking up to the castle, taking tons of pictures on the outside, and touring the inside. There were so many times throughout the day I was pinching myself to make sure what I was seeing was actually real!

 




A random european couple. I obviously like to stalk people with my camera for a good picture. 






This is my Italian Stallion. I tell him often that I wish he was 20 years older; I would marry him in a heartbeat. He is a super big brother, already a great leader, adorable Italian accent, sense of style (obviously:), artistic, musical, great sense of humor, tons of personality, brilliant, and totally sweet. What more could a girl ask for??



We leave again tomorrow morning at 7:30 am for the second-half of our journey to a town about an hour outside of Leipzig, Germany, where we will be for the next week attending a conference. I should have good internet access there but I am not sure what our schedule will be like. Thank you so much for your comments, emails, and prayers! They mean the world to me. Please keep in touch and let me know what is going on in your lives as well. I have been trying to keep up with everyone's blogs so I can stay as much a part of your lives as possible. 

Ciao! 



1 comment:

Amy Jones said...

WOW! I have to go to that castle. Jake is precious.