Friday, July 18, 2008

New Haircut!

Finally, my friends won't have to listen to me complain about my hair anymore! I tried to grow it out for my roommate's wedding and to do something different. From day 1 I was not liking it! I held out until it was down to my shoulders and then couldn't take it anymore! I have never been so focused on my hair in my life! I would much prefer to have a cute style that I can spend 5 minutes fixing in the morning and then not think about it for the rest of the day! Besides, being in Europe next year, I will need something that travels well and does not require blow dryer, brushes, etc. Now, all I need is some wax and I'm ready to go!

Warning: it is very short and a pretty drastic change!!



I think it is fun! I had to get used to it...but now I really like it! I can slick it back like Audrey Hepburn, funk it up, pull the bangs back or down, etc.

Tara, my stylist, is the sweetest girl in the world! She is a believer who does a great job reaching out to the artistic community. She changes her hair every 3 weeks! I have seen it pink on top and dark on the bottom, dark on top with pink on the bottom, long with extensions, or shorter than mine. Mom and I think she looks like Tinker Bell and she is super fun! She was so excited when I told her to cut it off and seemed to have so much fun with it!!

When Amanda saw it, I have never seen her eyes get so big and heard her gasp so loud! (kind of like when we found that HUGE spider in the shower!) But, after about an hour, she said she really liked it and thought it was very "me." :)

I think my sister is still crying...probably along with my dad! My mom, however, wants to get a cut just like mine now! Patrick came over last night and said, "Its not as bad as I thought...I kinda like it!" I was shocked! This is the kid who has eaten the same thing for breakfast since he was 6!

Tell me what you think!

3 comments:

Megan Penner said...

I LOVE it! I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! It is SO INCREDIBLY CUTIE!! That's it. I'm getting my hair cut short again!

Krista said...

O my goodness girl - I LOOOOVVVVE it!!! You were brave but wow, it looks awesome!!!!

Maƫl said...

I was shocked when I first saw it, to be honest ... but at least it is not as short as mine ... ;-)