Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dad's Last Day in Milan


Started the day off with a good Italian Breakfast which is generally a Brioche (a crossant stuffed with either chocolate, jam, or cream) but this morning we had a pastry. Yum but death by sugar at 8:00 am. Dad the sugar nazi really liked them believe it or not. The Italians think eggs and toast for breakfast is the most schifo thing they have ever heard of. They have to have something small and sweet. 
And no complains about the Italian coffee! I think he tried just about every different types of drinks and I think either the caffé normale or the caffé freddo were his favorites.
 
What you are looking at is the secret to getting myself through life here. (well, not THE secret...but it's up there...)
My bakery that is not just my coffee and carb heaven but also where many of my dear friends work. Such a blessing. 
Then we stopped by the market close to my house. This stand is also one of my favorite finds because they only sell produce with the minimum amount of pesticides and everything is grown in Italy. The lady who is in charge really seems to know what she is talking about and takes pride in what she sells. The cantaloupes are about 3-4 euros (and when Taylor and Heidi told me they pay a little over a euro for them in Rome, I about cried) but they are WONDERFUL.  
Had so much fun with my dad and miss him so much! 

No comments: