Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cinque Terre

I joined Taylor, Heidi, and Steph, who are my Intercambio colleagues from Rome for a much needed weekend away. We had been planning this trip for over a year and I used it as insentive to get through language school. At the completion of my second-to-last week of school, we said, "Va bene, " and made the trip. It was so nice to be with them, to encourage each other, to chat about what has been going on in our cities, and to have a chance to cut the strings, relax and have fun. What a blessing. 

On a VERY crowded train for 3 hours. 
In Riomaggiore, the town we stayed in. 
My new hat that Heidi passed on because it was too small. She found it in a hostel in Napoli. How schifo is that? But I liked it!
Ha. And I laughed...while I was hyperventilating. The hike wasn't easy, people. 9 km of boulders and old rock stairs. 
This is what we hiked. 

YUM. They are known for their pesto. 
Love these girls. 
They're pretty cute. I've missed them. And we love calling each other names in Italian. 
Yes, it really did look like this. I left without my camera battery and was depressed the entire time. But, as it turns out, you can't take a bad picture of Cinque Terre....even with a point and shoot. 
The road got small at one point. Cliff on one side. 

Sunset. 
Next morning. 
Ready for a day at the beach! 
That was SO much fun!
Crowded beach. 

Saying goodbye. 





1 comment:

Megan Penner said...

Wow! These photos are DREAMY! I cannot believe how beautiful they are!! I especially like the last one, of the hat. :) Love you!