Sunday, December 21, 2008

What? Already packing?

So, I was in an "organizing" mood today and decided I better start my sorting the wheat and chaff of my belongings. After I sorted out all my summer and winter clothes, I decided I might as well put the stuff I am taking in a bag instead of another box to be transplanted later. Why not save a step?? So, I set aside about 5 outfits to be worn over and over again for the next few months (truly European style!) and started loading up the rest of my clothes that made the cut.

My brother graciously helped me pack in as tightly engineered way as possible. We folded each item really tightly and stacked it like books on a bookshelf in this Big Bertha of a duffel bag I found. We have one row on the bottom and another row stacked on top! I managed to get my whole wardrobe save the 3 pairs of pants and 5 shirts still in my drawer in this bag! This is literally everything except my winter coats!


And here's the second layer. I'm noticing a lot of brown...


The final product


Yes, look who managed to be first in my suitcase! (The Complete Works of Plato)


I think packing my life into 4 suitcases might be do-able! If anyone wants to come shopping in Amber's closet of material rejects, please let me know. Amanda and Bekah have already called first dibs.
For a general update: I have less than 5 weeks left before FPO and it looks like I might possibly stay with my grandparents for the last two weeks in January before I leave. So, I'm starting the "move 'em out" process a little earlier than I thought! I am supposed to get all my visa paperwork right after Christmas and will hopefully get that finalized by the first week in January!!

1 comment:

Megan Penner said...

This is some impressive packing! I'm glad you are getting started, Amber! It makes my heart ache, though. :( Love you!