Friday, December 12, 2008

'Twas the Day of Graduation





Dr. Merritt.


Yay!!!

Some faculty members. Dr. Liederbach on the front right is my supervising professor.
Randy looking a bit like Dracula here...

Angela Dawson and I had Greek with Dr. Robinson together. Then, I got to see her in Thailand last January!
Sweet Lauren Ashford.
My old boss, Dr. Ewart. Yes, he is that intimidating.

My boss hooding his doctoral students. For some of them, you can see this is a painful process for him!
Rich Holland and his family are friends we have known for many years. He wrote a dissertation about God and Time that I really want to read.


I think the world of Dr. Little. He is a mix between a grandfather figure, a person I can turn to for wise counsel, someone who knows how to make cocky seminary students cry, someone who is sure to keep me humble from picking on me, and an intellectual hero.

Okay, I promised I wouldn't say anything mean, so I'm not. This was the History of Ideas instructor I had my first semester at Southeastern. Let's just say they were not the fondest of memories starting with the time he asked one of the students in our class if she had read her admissions letter properly. On top of that, I have a problem with wearing cowboy boots and a suit.

This is Dr. Boozer, one of the Music professors. He has always called me "Red" because of my hair. He also reminds me of my Grandaddy, which makes me happy.

Dr. Spencer was the reason why I decided to come to Southeastern for my undergrad. He is a great philosophy professor and a goldmine of knowledge. I've really been blessed to know him.

Ahh! Melissa, you married Randy Pearce!! He's pretty great!! And I want your first offspring!

This is who she gave me up for. We could have had a life of eternal roommate bliss, but something about him being more handsome than me.



Well, Old Roomie, it's been lots of fun! I wish I could go back and do it all over again. (Even though once through History of Ideas was enought for Derek, for some reason.) Can't believe how much has changed since we were wee little homeschool girls. I really cherish every single memory: from dressing up as sheep for the Christmas Nativity scene, to driver's ed, to Mrs. McCraw's english class, to late-night Krispy Kreme runs, to coffee houses, to rides down to Fayetteville, to endless study hours, to many a late night conversation. Thanks for dragging me out of bed in the mornings, taking all the hot water (even if there was only 3 minutes worth:), making me and Derek say 2 nice things before we could say 1 bad/sarcastic thing, offering biblically sound counsel, letting me cry on your shoulder, and, mostly, for desiring to glorify the Lord in everything you do. You have been such a true friend and incredible blessing to me!

No comments: