Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Italian Cafe to English Tea

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know I got here safely! I left Milan at 7:30 this morning and flew to London. When I got there, I bought a train ticket to Erin's house. Unfortunately, I had to change trains 3 times! Airports I can do, but these train stations in the gorgeous English countryside are not tourist friendly at all. They have only 1 TV showing which platform for which departure. I had a hard time finding it! When I did find it, there was no mention of the place I needed to go for my next stop. I turned to an older lady next to me and said, "Excuse me, are you from around here by any chance?" She frankly replied, "Yes, but YOU'RE not." Haha. I proceeded to ask my question well knowing I was probably paining her ears by my NC accent. Based on the look on her face, I think she felt like I was raping her language! Anyway, not only do they give you very little departure information, but they also don't list all the places each train stops before it's final destination...and there were no maps anywhere. Thankfully, she pointed me in the right direction and I just made a habit of asking the security people for the other 2 stops. Because of the stops, it took me from 9:15 until almost 1:00 to get here. I was so tired on the train and couldn't help but dose even though I really wanted to see all the GORGEOUS countryside we were passing! The 2 days I have been in London (the first day when I flew in before getting to Milan and the second day being today) it has been sunny, fairly warm, and beautifully clear! Apparently, reality will hit this weekend though...

I was so wiped out from the stress of the trains and plane that I hit the bed when I got here. Erin and Caitlin were out so they had me let myself in and they said they would be there in a couple of hours. Apparently, I was so wiped that I didn't even hear them knock on the door trying to get in the house since she left me her only house key! I woke up and literally had no idea where I was for about 5 seconds!

Thanks for praying! Everything went well on the flight and it is really nice to meet Erin's family! I really miss Milan already though! So excited about going back!

1 comment:

Krista said...

SOO glad you're trip is going well and I love that you got to visit Milan. Oh my goodness - your airport experience. . . wow. Take care of yourself and I can't wait to catch up when you get home!