Thursday, November 6, 2008

Conference Day 3

Whew! I have just a few minutes before another meeting but I wanted to share a really neat experience God used to confirm (yet again) where he has me! I am using this blog as a journal so I can remember everything that happened so just bear with me!

Since I already had my name on the Milan job, I haven't really been looking at specific jobs very much. I looked at a few just to be "open" but nothing came even close to peaking my interest. However, I have had a heart for the Middle East for a while and it does keep coming back up in my mind. However, I know God could have me there at a later time (or not at all). I found out last night that I still have to choose a second or third choice to turn in even though I have my name on the job. Sometimes things happen and I get placed somewhere else. So, I figured I probably should start researching some of these jobs just in case. I went to the NAME region table and had a great conversation with the lady there. I looked at a job in Morocco that initially caught my attention, but after reading it I realized it was not at all what I felt lead toward. Almost everything about it didn't fit for me. The lady then asked me about my background, interests and passions to see if maybe there was another suitable job somewhere else. After telling her, she smiled and said, "This is very rare, but you really seem like a perfect Western Europe." We had a great conversation about opportunities to reach out to "cousins" in Milan and the possibility that God could have me in NAME at a different time. I walked away feeling yet another amazing sense of confirmation. I mean, these region people are recruiters! They want you to come to their region. For her to tell me that Western Europe was an amazing fit for me and that she felt God had really prepared me for that region was amazing!

So, much to my parents great pleasure, :) it looks like God does not have me there! I still love the culture, have a heart for the people, and want to visit whenever I can! I do have to choose a second and third choice, however. I think my second choice will be a job in Slovakia doing something very similar to Milan. The third choice will probably be either Belgium or Poland. (leaning more toward Belgium probably) Again, these a just options for the event of something unusual happening. (like Jason getting hit in the head by a soccer ball and having to come back to the states :) But, I know God works in strange ways so I have to constantly stay open to his guidance!

Gotta run to another meeting! I'm totally not reading over this to check for type-os but that's okay. Thanks for the continued prayers!!

No comments: