Saturday, September 26, 2009

Working Through Culture Shock

My brother is studying in England for the next year and it has been interesting to see how he has gone through culture shock there. I feel like Oprah since I am always saying, "Patrick, that's totally normal." Two days ago he said he has been listening to country music on repeat all day, which he always used to make fun of, and is thinking about getting a confederate flag tag for his bike.

Here's today's example:

Patrick

so.. that "cutie" english girl just started a chat with me, and then called me her "pet american"

I haven't given her the time of day at ALL

11:14pm
11:15pmAmber

I think the "pet american" thing is not as demeaning as you think it is!

it's a very "british" thing to say

11:16pmPatrick

oh, okay

then I can relax, right? I was about to dump her in "Area 51"

11:16pmAmber

relax

Patrick

Amber

11:25pmAmber


what

11:25pmPatrick

she just told me that she adores American accents

11:25pmAmber

well, good for her

No comments: