Sunday, February 8, 2009

FPO Life

It is amazing to think that I remember when FPO was a year away! I can't believe it is here and I only have less than 7 weeks left! (that is a good thing by the way) When I arrived, I was overjoyed to have my own space. I really tried to make it as comfortable and homey as I could. I think the "nesting" bug has hit me after being in transition for so long. This was the best I could come up with.



Drawers! Oh yea! I am actually using the top right one for my pantry :) I promise I am not intentionally "displaying" the Nourishing Traditions book. It was just the only one that would keep my Umberto Eco book in place! 

Il bagno.
I have been making espresso every day to keep myself going and to avoid the tar water they have available in the KGB building (as we call it). Do you see the angel on the side of the cup? I hope that is a good sign. I think I am going to start an espresso fortune-telling business in Milan! 
They are keeping us crazy-busy! I have ESL training starting next saturday so that will take up the rest of my free saturdays. Yuck. But it has to be done. Despite the rigid schedule that keeps us in a constant state of exhaustion (especially for the one who cooks her own food), everything here is going really well and I am trying to soak up all God has for me here. Miss everyone! It's great making new friends and being in a new place, but I can't help but miss all my friends and family back home. 

1 comment:

Megan Penner said...

I LOVE IT! Keep it coming! I want to hear all about your sweet life!